C6 - Landscaping
Relates to Healthy Living Practices
- improving nutrition: the ability to store, prepare and cook food
- reducing the negative impacts of crowding
- reducing the negative effects of animals, insects and vermin
- reducing the health impacts of dust
- controlling the temperature of the living environment
Landscape strategies for the whole community will support individual household efforts to grow food plants, ground covers and shade trees related to the Healthy Living Practices. References to the use of plants and landscape to support Healthy Living Practices have been made throughout this guide. In particular, see B7 Reducing the health impacts of dust, which discusses the use of landscaping to control dust and B8 Controlling the temperature of the living environment, which includes ideas for shade trees and wind breaks.