Housing for Health – the Guide is produced and maintained by Healthabitat Pty Ltd Australia
Healthabitat Pty Ltd is a private Australian company run as a social business and managed by three Directors:
- Paul Pholeros AM (Architect), Managing Director
- Dr. Paul Torzillo AM (Thoracic Physician), Medical Director
- Stephan Rainow (Public and Environmental Health Officer), Community Director.
Healthabitat has received significant recognition for the work both within Australia and internationally.
- 2012 – Healthabitat chosen as one of the six Australian representatives for the Venice International Architectural Biennale by the Australian Institute of Architects
- 2011 – Healthabitat, winner of the UN Habitat and Building and Social Housing Foundation’s World Habitat Award
- 2011 – Healthabitat, Winner of the Australian Institute of Architects, national Leadership in Sustainability Prize
- 2008 – Australian Institute of Architects, Special Jury Prize for architectural contribution to Indigenous housing over 25 years
- 2008 – International Union of Architects (UIA) Vassilis Sgoutas Prize, Group award to Healthabitat for the alleviation of poverty, awarded in Turin, Italy
- 2004 – Public Health Association of Australia, Impact Award, for the public health project with the greatest impact on public health
- 1994 – Royal Australian Institute of Architects, President’s Award, for the publication of the book Housing for Health: Towards an improved living environment for Aboriginal Australians