- Basedow H. Diseases of the Australian Aborigines. J Trop Med Hyg. 1932; 35:177
- HRSCAA ( House of Representatives Standing Committee on Aboriginal Affairs). Aboriginal Health.1979,AGPS,Canberra.
- Daly J, Lumley J. Acting on Environmental health. Aust NZJ Public Health.2004; 28(5):407-408
- Uwankara Palyanyku Kanyinjtaku. A strategy for well being. A review of public and environmental health on the Anangu Pitjantjatjara Lands. Nganampa Health Council . 1986
- .Torzillo PJ, Hanna J, Morey F, Gratten M, Dixon J, Erlich J. High incidence of invasive pneumococcal disease in central Australia. Med J Aust 1995;162:182-186.
- O’Grady KA, Taylor-Thomson D, Chang AB, Torzillo PJ, Morris P, Mackenzie G, Wheaton G, Bauert P, De Campo M, De Campo J, Ruben A. High rates of World Health Organization-defined radiologically confirmed pneumonia in Northern Territory Indigenous children. Med J Aust, 192(10):592-5, 2010
- Morris PS, Leach AJ, Silberberg P, et al. Otitis media in young Aboriginal children from remote communities in Northern and Central Australia: a cross-sectional survey. BMC Pediatr. 2005;5:27-37.
- Sarah J Bar-Zeev, Sue G Kruske, Lesley M Barclay, Naor H Bar-Zeev, Jonathan R Carapetis, Sue V Kildea Use of health services by remote dwelling Aboriginal infants in tropical northern Australia: a retrospective cohort study.
BMC Pediatr.2012; 12: 19.
- Thomson N, MacRae A, Brankovich J, Burns J, Catto M, Gray C, Levitan L, Maling C, Potter C, Ride K, Stumpers S, Urquhart B. Overview
of Australian Indigenous health status, 2011. Retrieved [access date] from http://www.healthinfonet.ecu.edu.au/overview 2012.
- The health and welfare of Australias Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, 2011
- Greene VW. Personal hygiene and life expectancy improvements since 1850: historic and epidemiologic associations. Am J Infect Control 2001:29; 203-206
- Blum D, Feachem RG. Measuring the impact of water supply and sanitation investment on diarrhoeal disease: problems of methodology. Int J Epidem 1983;12: 357-65
- Lorna Fewtrell, Rachel B Kaufmann, David Kay, Wayne Enanoria, Laurence Haller, and John M ColfordJr Water, sanitation, and hygiene interventions to reduce
diarrhoea in less developed countries: a systematic review
and meta-analysis.Lancet Infect Dis 2005; 5: 42–52
- Wolf B. Studies on infant mortality. Part 2. British J Social Med.1947:2; 73-129 American Public Health Association .Committee on the Hygiene of Housing. Basic health principles of housing and its environment. Amer.J Pub Health. 1938:28; 351-372.
- Anderson GW. The present epidemiological basis of environmental sanitation. Am J Pub Health. 1943:33; 113-119.
- Britten RH, New light on the relation of housing to health.. Am J Pub Health.1942:32; 193-199
- Winslow CEA. Housing as a public health problem. Am.J Pub Health.1937:27;56-61
- .Burt WO. Poverty, housing and health. Med J Aust. 1945;2: 167-173
- 19.Marsh A, Gordon D, Pantazis C, Heslop P. Home Sweet Home? The Impact of
Poor Housing on Health. Bristol (UK): Policy Press; 1999.
- Debman D, Gunnell D, Davey-Smith G, Frankel S. Childhood housing conditions and later mortality in the Boyd-Orr cohort. J Epidemiol. Community Health 2001;55:10-15.
- Thomson H. Health effects of housing improvement: a systematic review of intervention studies. BMJ 2000; 323:187-190.
- Olds D. Prenatal and Infancy Home Visiting by Nurses: From Randomized Trials to Community Replication Prevention Science, Vol. 3, No. 3, September 2002
- Brown A. KURUNPA [Spirit]: Exploring the Psychosocial Determinants of Coronary Heart Disease among Indigenous men in Central Australia PHD Thesis. University of Queensland, 2009
- Marmot M, Bartley M. Social Class and Coronary Heart Disease. In: Stansfeild S,Marmot M, editors. Stress and the Heart: Psychosocial pathways to coronary heart disease. London: BMJ Books, 2002.
- Elstad JT. The psycho-social perspective on social inequalities in health.Sociology of Health and Illness. 1998,20(5):598-618.
- Caputo RK. The effects of socioeconomic status, perceived discrimination and mastery on health status in a youth cohort. Soc Work Health Care 2003;37(2):17-42.
- Penninx B, van Tilberg T, Kriegsman D, Deeg D, Boeke A, Van Eijk J. Effects of social support and personal coping resources on mortlaity in older age: The Longitudinal Aging Study Amsterdam. American Journal of Epidemiology 1997;146:510-19.
- Brimblecomd JK, Ferguson MM, Liberato SC, O’Dea K.Characteristics of the community-level diet of Aboriginal people in remote northern .Australia.Med JAust. 2013; 198: 380–384
- Gluckman PD, Hanson MA, Cooper C, Thornburg KL, Effect of In Utero and Early-Life Conditions on Adult Health and Disease. N Engl J Med 2008;359:61-73
- McMillen C, Robinson JS. Developmental Origins of the Metabolic Syndrome:
Prediction,Plasticity and Programming. Physiol Rev 85: 571–633, 2005;